Bissa-Bouly 2018 Exploration Update
- Advanced exploration programme to replace mined gold and increase resources
- Bissa-Bouly combined production set to exceed 300 koz/year
London, United Kingdom, 15 May 2018 - Nord Gold SE (“Nordgold” or the “Company”, “Group”), the internationally diversified gold producer, is pleased to report that its 2018 exploration program is advancing rapidly at its Bissa and Bouly mine in Burkina Faso, and is on track to achieve its objectives of replacing mined gold and increasing resources. In 2017, exploration activity added almost 1,147 koz to Bissa and Bouly Mineral Resources and some 70 koz to the Ore Reserves. In 2018, 86km to be drilled within the exploration program. In 2017, 61km was drilled.
Nordgold is taking a three-pronged approach to this extensive exploration programme:
- Nordgold’s specialist team at Bissa will be focussing on near-mine extensions at existing pits, with a particular emphasis on increasing reserves at the SW, 51, I-O, Bissa Hill, Bouly and Gougre open pits.
- An aggressive effort will be aimed at the discovery of new brownfield satellite deposits, enabled by the acquisition of the highly prospective Rolle, Sadoure and Nonglado exploration licenses, where geological work is ongoing.
- A program of reserve definition, resource addition, and various permitting activities will come into effect at the Samtenga, Ronguen, Zinigma, Yimiougou satellite deposits, enabling these reserves to be put into production progressively between 2019 and 2022.
Howard Golden, Geology Director of Nordgold, commented:
"Taken together, the exploration, mining and continuous improvement projects at Bissa and Bouly will result in a safe and effective prolonged life of mine, securing the future not just of these high quality assets, but the jobs of over 1,200 local workers. Bissa and Bouly’s combined annual gold production is projected to exceed 300 koz per year over the medium term. That makes the combined asset one of the largest enterprises in Burkina Faso, an achievement that we at Nordgold are very proud of.
For further information, please contact:
| Andrei Naumov
Media Relations Specialist
|Tel: +7 495 644 4473|
| Peter Ogden
|Tel: +44 (0) 20 7250 1446|